Massage Me Now
The Massage Me Now mobile application and website (Massage Me Now) are provided by Massage Me Now Pty Ltd ACN 619 151 058 (us, we, our) to you (the Customer). The massage services (Services) provided by massage therapists (Therapists) are booked through the Massage Me Now platform via the Customer’s account (Account).
This policy forms part of our End User Agreement and Therapist Agreement [hyperlink]and will apply to anyone who uses or accesses Massage Me Now (you, your).
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we will only handle your personal information in accordance with this policy. Please ensure that you read this policy, which sets out how we collect, hold and disclose personal information, prior to using Massage Me Now.
Capitalised terms not defined in this policy have that meaning given to them in the End User and Therapist Agreement (as applicable to you).
What information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold a variety of information from you while using Massage Me Now. This may include information or an opinion which can, or might reasonably be expected to be able to be used to personally identify you (Personal Information).
The type and amount of Personal Information which we collect depends on how you use Massage Me Now (for example, whether you are a Therapist or a Customer). We aim to only collect Personal Information which is reasonably necessary for us to provide Massage Me Now.
Some types of Personal Information we may collect includes your:
- age and date of birth;
- email address;
- physical mailing address;
- photographic identification;
- Payment Method details;
- transaction and enquiry history with us; and
- any other information you elect to disclose to us through interacting with Massage Me Now, such as by entering Customer Details or communicating with our support team.
We may also collect and hold other types of information about your interaction with Massage Me Now as set out in this policy.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We generally collect Personal Information directly from you in the following ways:
- through your use of the Services;
- through your use of our Massage Me Now, such as when you create your Account;
- through communications between you and our representatives or support team;
- whenever you apply to be a Therapist with Massage Me Now;
- whenever you provide us with feedback, reviews or any other information or documentation about the Services;
- whenever you purchase a Service; and
- whenever you participate in our promotional offers or surveys.
We may also collect your Personal Information from third parties such as:
- our business partners and contractors, such as those who provide promotional offers related to us;
- our third-party payment service providers;
- social media sites where you have connected your account with Massage Me Now or where you have visited our social media pages.;
- persons who provide the Services; or
- mailing lists.
How do we hold Personal Information?
Any personal information stored by our site is securely stored on servers hosted within Australia, and communicated using SSL encryption.
We have taken all reasonable steps, including implementing a number of commercially standard security systems and procedures, to prevent any misuse, loss, interference, modification or unauthorised access or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Stored Personal Information about you may be combined or linked with any other information about you that we hold, including any information we receive from third parties.
What do we use Personal Information for?
We will never share, sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties other than as disclosed in this policy. In particular, we will never provide your email address to third party advertisers without your consent.
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information to:
- provide the Services;
- provide the Therapists with access to your details;
- monitor the use of Massage Me Now and your Account;
- assess compliance by any person with this agreement;
- collect information that assists us in improving Massage Me Now;
- assess your identity and eligibility for using Massage Me Now;
- provide you with updates regarding Massage Me Now;
- provide you with news and information on promotional offers or competitions, upcoming events and products offered by us either solely or in conjunction with our third-party affiliates;
- provide support and communicate to you as our customer;
- to assess the performance of Therapists in providing the Services;
- manage your Account;
- process transactions and deliver login credentials to you;
- provide information to our related bodies corporate for their business operations;
- disclose to our external service providers including, but not limited to, our data hosting partners and IT service providers;
- use for our planning, research, maintenance and administrative purposes;
- provide to third parties where disclosed to you in this policy or otherwise where authorised by you;
- investigate and respond to any claim, dispute or complaint made by or against you or to investigate any unlawful or improper use of Massage Me Now;
- transfer that Personal Information, as part of a transfer of our assets should we propose or proceed to sell, merge or otherwise alter ownership of our business;
- initiate or respond to a claim or other legal action; and
- carry out any act permitted or required by law.
In circumstances where we determine it is commercially and practically viable to do so, we will attempt to carry out any of the above listed purposes without using Personal Information or de-identifying Personal Information first. We will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy any Personal Information where it is no longer needed for the purposes provided for in this policy.
Massage Me Now provides services that may enable your location to be determined by cellular mobile network or via Global Positioning Satellite service (Location Services). Location Services are an integral part of the Massage Me Now application, enabling Massage Me Now to identify your current location in order to connect you with Therapists providing Services in your area. If you are a Therapist travelling to your appointment with a Customer, Location Services will allow you to ascertain the Customer’s location.
Massage Me Now will request your permission to obtain your location via your mobile phone. Permission is obtained via a push notification requesting you to opt-in for Location Services.
If you are a Therapist, where you permit us to do so, Massage Me Now will use your information to create a ‘Google Business’ advertisement in order to encourage potential customers to obtain Services from you via Massage Me Now. By selecting ‘YES’ to the option to be included in Google Business marketing upon signing up for Massage Me Now, you permit Massage Me Now to apply for a ‘Google Business’ advertisement on your behalf.
Other Information & Third Parties
Whilst you are using Massage Me Now, we and other third parties may also collect and hold other non-personal information by using cookies or other technologies. Cookies allow tracking and storage of information about your use of Massage Me Now either directly or through third parties, such as Google Analytics.
Cookies are used by us for various reasons including to:
- store your username and password for accessing an Account on a device so you do not have to re-enter it;
- generate statistical information and reports about your use of Massage Me Now;
- to understand your interests, demographic and location details to provide you with a more customised experience with using our Services;
- combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help improve Massage Me Now.
Promotional offers or any other content or website that is created or hosted by a third party, but is accessed by you via Massage Me Now (through embedding, hyperlink or otherwise), may be subject to that third party’s own privacy and data collection policies and practices which may vary from our own.
International Disclosure of Personal Information
Our business is solely based in Australia. We will not intentionally disclose your Personal Information overseas for any purpose. If we do need to disclose Personal Information overseas we will update this policy accordingly in advance and will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients handle Personal Information in accordance with our policy.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to and seek correction of any Personal Information we hold about you. You can make this request via the contact details at the end of this policy.
If you have complaints, comments or concerns regarding the Act or this policy, please first contact us directly via the contact details at the end of this policy. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible, but we ask that you allow us up to 30 days to respond before taking any other action.
For any queries relating to this policy, please contact:
Massage Me Now Privacy Officer
Massage Me Now Pty Ltd
Braemar House, 365 Shute Harbour Road, Mount Julian QLD 4800
Or please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please use the ‘Contact Us’ feature of your Account.
We may update this policy from time to time. The most current version of this policy will always apply.